Romanov Empire - Империя Романовых
Romanov Empire - Империя РомановыхHistorical Society - Историческое ОбществоСанкт-Петербург, Россия
  • homeHome
  • searchSearch
  • photo_albumStories
  • collectionsCollections
  • infoAbout
  • star_rateUpgrade
Neighborhoods of Onega. Chekuevo. Church of the Transfiguration

Neighborhoods of Onega. Chekuevo. Church of the Transfiguration

  • save_altThumbnail200x200
  • save_altSmall497x640
  • save_altMedium795x1024
  • save_altOriginal993x1279
description

Summary

The river Onega before the appearance of Arkhangelsk was the main driver of the Russian North when the owner of the White Sea was the Solovetsky Monastery, to which it served as the shortest route. The estuary in her mouth is known from the Middle Ages, belonged to Martha Boretska, then to the monastery on the nearby island of Kyi, and only in 1780, by decree of Catherine II, was granted the status of a county town. Count Shuvalov founded the first sawmill in Ust-Onega in 1755 and then sold it to the British. Река Онега до появления Архангельска была главной рекой Русского Севера, когда хозяином Белого моря был Соловецкий монастырь, к которому она и служила кратчайшим путём. Погост в её устье известен со Средних веков, принадлежал Марфе Борецкой, затем Кийскому монастырю на близлежащем острове, и лишь в 1780 году указом Екатерины Второй получил статус уездного города. Граф Шувалов еще в 1755 году основал первую лесопилку в Усть-Онеге, а затем продал её англичанам.

The river Onega before the appearance of Arkhangelsk was the main driver of the Russian North when the owner of the White Sea was the Solovetsky Monastery, to which it served as the shortest route. The estuary in her mouth is known from the Middle Ages, belonged to Martha Boretska, then to the monastery on the nearby island of Kyi, and only in 1780, by decree of Catherine II, was granted the status of a county town. Count Shuvalov founded the first sawmill in Ust-Onega in 1755 and then sold it to the British. Река Онега до появления Архангельска была главной рекой Русского Севера, когда хозяином Белого моря был Соловецкий монастырь, к которому она и служила кратчайшим путём. Погост в её устье известен со Средних веков, принадлежал Марфе Борецкой, затем Кийскому монастырю на близлежащем острове, и лишь в 1780 году указом Екатерины Второй получил статус уездного города. Граф Шувалов еще в 1755 году основал первую лесопилку в Усть-Онеге, а затем продал её англичанам.

date_range

Date

1880 - 1915
place

Location

Онега - Onega, Onezhsky District, Arkhangelsk Oblast, Russia63.91741, 38.11411
Google Map of 63.917408, 38.11410790000002
create

Source

Romanov Empire - Империя Романовых
copyright

Copyright info

No known copyright restrictions

Exploreonega river

Exploreдеревянное зодчество

Exploreдеревянный храм