Imperial family for a walk. Livadia . 1914.
- Upscale 2x6220x3580
Imperial family for a walk.
From left to right: Grand Princess Maria Nikolaevna and Tatyana Nikolaevna, Sablin Nikolay Pavlovich (driving the carriage of the Empress), Grand Princess Olga Nikolayevna, Emperor Nicholas II, Grand Princess Anastasia Nikolaevna. The Empress Alexandra Feodorovna sits in her chair.
Livadia. Crimea. 1914 year.
Императорская семья на прогулке.
Слева направо: Великие Княжны Мария Николаевна и Татьяна Николаевна, Саблин Николай Павлович (везет коляску императрицы), Великая Княжна Ольга Николаевна, Император Николай II, Великая Княжна Анастасия Николаевна. Императрица Александра Феодоровна сидит в кресле.
Ливадия. Крым. 1914 год.
Livadia Palace was a summer retreat of the last Russian tsar, Nicholas II, and his family in Livadiya, Crimea. Formerly granted to Lambros Katsonis and later a possession of the Potocki family, the Livadia estate became a summer residence of the Russian imperial family in the 1860s, when architect Ippolito Monighetti built a large palace, a small palace, and a church there. The residence was frequented by Alexander II of Russia, while his successor Alexander III used to live (and died) in the smaller palace. It was perhaps disagreeable associations with the latter circumstance that led his son Nicholas to have both palaces demolished and replaced with a larger structure. Around 1909, Nikolay Krasnov, Yalta's most fashionable architect, responsible for the grand ducal residences in Koreiz, was engaged to prepare plans for a new imperial palace. The Tsar's diary indicates that the design was much discussed in the Imperial Family; it was decided that all four façades of the palace should look different. After 17 months of construction, the new palace was inaugurated on 11 September 1911. In November Grand Duchess Olga Nikolaevna celebrated her 16th birthday at Livadia