portal, 19th century

public
8 media by topicpage 1 of 1
Neighborhoods of Onega. Chekuevo. Church of the Transfiguration

Neighborhoods of Onega. Chekuevo. Church of the Transfiguration

The river Onega before the appearance of Arkhangelsk was the main driver of the Russian North when the owner of the White Sea was the Solovetsky Monastery, to which it served as the shortest route. The estuary ... More

Entrance of The Church of the Intercession on the Nerl - Pokrov on Nerl

Entrance of The Church of the Intercession on the Nerl - Pokrov on Ner...

The Church of the Intercession on the Nerl was built in memory of the deceased son of Grand Duke Izyaslav Andreevich between 1158 and 1165. Vasily Tatishchev in the "History of the Russian" writes that "the mas... More

Murom, The Annunciation Cathedral, Portal XVII. 1894

Murom, The Annunciation Cathedral, Portal XVII. 1894

Murom is one of the oldest cities in Russia. In the 9th century CE, Murom was the easternmost settlement of the East Slavs in the land of the Finno-Ugric people called Muromians and mentioned as early as 862. ... More

Altar of the Orthodox Church of Belovezhskaya Pushcha.

Altar of the Orthodox Church of Belovezhskaya Pushcha.

View of the altar of the Orthodox Church of Belovezhskaya Pushcha. Вид алтаря православной Беловежской церкви.

Peter the Great's house. Arkhangelsk (Archangel)

Peter the Great's house. Arkhangelsk (Archangel)

Peter the Great's house. Arkhangelsk (Russian: Арха́нгельск, also known in English as Archangel and Archangelsk, lies on both banks of the Northern Dvina River near its exit into the White Sea. The city spreads... More

The Church of the Intercession on the Nerl Door

The Church of the Intercession on the Nerl Door

The Church of the Intercession on the Nerl - Pokrov on Nerl

Peter The Great House. Arkhangelsk

Peter The Great House. Arkhangelsk

Arkhangelsk (Russian: Арха́нгельск, also known in English as Archangel and Archangelsk, lies on both banks of the Northern Dvina River near its exit into the White Sea. The city spreads for over 40 kilometers (... More

Kholomogory, Transfiguration Cathedral gates.

Kholomogory, Transfiguration Cathedral gates.

Kholmogory was first mentioned in the charter charter of the Novgorod prince Svyatoslav Olgovich 1138 as the Novgorod "Ivani-Pogost". The name of Kholmogory (originally Kolmogory, Kolmogorsky town) is containe... More